In the following “The Client” means any individual who is using equipment hired from PSS or intending to book with PSS, and “we”, “our”, “us”, “ourselves” means Pembrokeshire surf school and any of our staff. The term booking refers to the process of confirming and paying for coaching or equipment hire for a certain period.
1. Making a booking for tuition or equipment hire
A booking will not become confirmed until payment in full is received.
Full payment is required upon booking. Payment can be made in the form of cash, or via BACS payments. A 50% deposit is required to confirm multi-day courses booked through Pembrokeshire Surf School.
3. On the day of the activity
It is expected that the customer arrives a few minutes early or on time as with most things in life. Should you be late you need to make up for lost tuition and ask at a suitable moment for anything you have missed. If you are over half an hour late you may be asked to not participate as you will have missed the briefings and many of the safety points – if this is the case you will not be refunded. Let us know if things are out of your control and we will do our best to put you on another session.
4. Refunds / Returns
Surf Lessons and Activities
Clients will obtain a voucher to the same value as they paid if:
• the client notifies Pembrokeshire Surf School 1 week prior to the time of the activity.
Clients will obtain a voucher or full refund of their payments if:
• The Instructor cancels the activity due to unsuitable or dangerous conditions.
• The lesson is cancelled due to no waves
Note – no refund will be offered if it rains or is cold.
Lifeguard and Surf Rescue courses (3-6 day duration)
A non refundable 50% deposit will be taken for these courses due to the set up and administration time commitments.
Clients will obtain a refund of the remaining 50% of the course payment if:
• The client gives 1 weeks notice (5 days) prior to course start date.
Clients will obtain a voucher or full refund if:
• the Instructor cancels the course on safety grounds
• Pembs Surf School cancels for any reason.
If water and weather conditions become unsafe during the activity, the instructor may modify the activity and undertake activities on the shore rather than in the water, or the activity may be rescheduled for another time.
If the client has paid for a block of lessons at a discounted price, the refund will be based on the total amount paid less the lessons already delivered calculated at the undiscounted lesson price.
No refund is offered if the client refuses to comply with the ASI Accredited School policy and the Instructor determines the client cannot participate in the activity (e.g. client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
If the client advises the Instructor of a medical condition such that the Instructor decides that it would be unsafe for the client to participate in the activity, a full refund will be offered.
If the Instructor becomes aware of a client’s medical condition after the lesson has commenced, such that the Instructor determines it is unsafe for the client to continue in the activity, no refund will be offered.
5. Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers must be used by expiry date unless other arrangements have been made. No refund is offered once the gift voucher has been purchased however the gift vouchers are transferable to other people.
The client will obtain a refund is they notify Pembrokeshire Surf School 24 hours prior to the time of the hire. No refund will be made once the client has paid for and taken delivery of the hire equipment.
Pembrokeshire Surf School is committed to effectively, efficiently, promptly and fairly handling all complaints about its services and products.
Any complaint will be treated seriously, investigated thoroughly and dealt with according to the merit of the complaint.
The circumstances and results of any complaint investigation will be analysed thoroughly by senior management and acted on appropriately so as to improve the relevant ASI School functions and remove any grounds for future complaints.
7. Making Complaints
Clients may make a complaint by telephone or in writing to:
The Chief Executive Officer at Pembrokeshire Surf School
Phone: 07881 937605
Postal Address: Abbots leigh, Chapel road, Keeston, SA62 6HL
The Director (Education) at the
Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI) Head Office Australia
Phone: +61 2 9365 4170
Recording and Resolution of the Complaint
• The ASI Accredited School is notified of the complaint.
• All complaints are recorded on the Client Complaint form
• The ASI Accredited School investigates the complaint.
• Clients are notified in writing of the outcome of the complaint within 60 days from the time of receiving the complaint.
• All complaint information is filed on the Complaints File
• Should the client not be satisfied, then the client can seek arbitration by a third party acceptable to all parties to the grievance.
• If the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 60 days from the occurrence of the complaint, the client may request the ASI Accredited School to seek the services of a third party.
• Arbitration will be undertaken when both the ASI Accredited School and the client agree on a third party.
If the complaint/grievance is still unresolved, the client will be advised of external organisations of appeal.